Posted by Nydia Streets of Streets Law in Family Fun
Looking for things to do this holiday weekend with the family? Look no further! Here is a roundup of your Memorial Day 2018 family events in South Florida.
Friday, May 25, 2018
Pinecrest Gardens: Feed fish, see swan, visit a botanical garden and much more at Pinecrest Gardens. Cost varies. For more information visit: https://www.pinecrestgardens.org/entertainment/fun-for-kids-adults
Manatee Lagoon Tour: "Join us on a walking tour of our visitor center and learn about manatee anatomy, physiology and the importance of GPS tracking devices, as well as the Lake Worth Lagoon. " Cost: Free. For more information visit: http://www.visitmanateelagoon.com/event/manatee-tours/
Gulfstream Park Family Fun Night: "The weekly event features interactive DJs, dancing, games and character appearances. May 18's theme is Hula Palooza and May 25 is Mickey's Sing Along." Cost: Free. For more information visit: http://www.gulfstreampark.com/
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Fushu Daiko at the Miami Children's Museum: "In honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, the local group performs traditional Japanese taiko drumming." For more information visit http://www.miamichildrensmuseum.org/
Memorial Day Weekend Kidzfest: "Flamingo Gardens is celebrating Memorial Day weekend with KidzFest, in conjunction with the Grand Opeing and US Premier of the Borowski Art Glass exhibit, "Fables and Fairytales". During KidzFest, Memorial Day weekend, children can also enjoy the opening of "Animal Secrets" in the Gallery, special guided tours, bounce houses, kid's entertainment, games, crafts, vendor and information booths, food and fun surprises!" For more information visit: http://www.flamingogardens.org/events.html
Free surf, skimboard and paddleboard lessons: "Island Water Sports has been providing free lessons on Deerfield Beach every Saturday morning for the past 30 years. It’s our way of promoting a fun and active surf community. All experience and age levels are welcome as long as you can swim. Plus we provide all the equipment, but you're more than welcome to bring your own.” Register online at http://www.islandcamps.com/free-lessons/
Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Family Field Day at Etaru: "Celebrate your memorial weekend this Sunday with your family at our Family Field Day event hosted at the beach club area at Etaru in Hallandale Beach. Enjoy a delicious brunch to kick off your Sunday festivities and then watch the kids run and play at our beach obstacle course provided by OCR Youth League and beach art by Life Is Art, Inc. For more information please contact Etaru at 954-271-3222 or David at 855-815-4974."
- Art in the Park at Miami Beach Botanical Gardens: "Art plays an important role in children's lives, and this free program will give your children a chance for their creativity to soar! Toddlers up to eight year olds will enjoy creating something new each month out in the lawn under the shade of the Banyan tree. Supplies included, just bring your imagination!" For more information visit: https://www.mbgarden.org/content/art-park-marie
- Family Day at the Bass Museum: "A free, monthly IDEAS program created to engage families with children of all ages in activities that encourage conversation, exploration and experimentation through art. Activities include a ‘Design Challenge’, action guides for gallery exploration, along with performances and activations with special guests. Admission is FREE throughout the day to all visitors on Family Days." For more information visit https://thebass.org/events/family-days/#may
Monday, May 28, 2018
- Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony: "Join us as we honor our Veterans. The parade will begin at 10:30am and go from the Fire Station at 6905 Orange Drive east on Orange Drive to the rodeo arena. A ceremony will immediately follow." For more information visit https://www.davie-fl.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=506&month=5&year=2018&day=28&calType=0.
- Memorial Day at Gold Railroad Coast Museum: "Bring a picnic lunch and reserve a picnic table for free! Dinning inside the air conditioned lounges is also available for $5. Free with admission, call 305-253-0063 for more info."
Enjoy your weekend!